In observance of the great Buddha’s virtue, the holy characters, and the teachings of the Pope of the Buddhism, H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, the H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III Cultural and Art Museum (HHDCB3CAM) established this scholarship program. The program is aimed to assist high school senior students from low-income families who are interested and talented in art and design to help them pursue their artistic studies at a college or university by providing them with a monetary scholarship to help offset their educational costs. With the hope to encourage them to obtain the opportunities to advanced themselves in art education so that they can have the skills to make greater contributions to the community and the society in the future.
HHDCBIIICAM will selected 10 scholars from the applicants, each scholar will receive funding of $1,000 for the cost of attendance*,
*Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, IT equipment, art materials and transportation.
To apply, the applicants must be:
- A high school senior
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- A resident of Los Angeles County, CA
- With a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Household annual gross income of $30,000 or less
Additionally, the student must be applying to or is already admitted to either an accredited US college or university and majoring in art or design.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are required to submit the following materials along with the Application form:
- Personal identification, such as driver’s license, US passport, or green card
- Academic performance, such as official high school transcript
- Documentation for proof of household income, such as pay stub, federal tax returns, sign statements of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), etc.
- A personal statement not exceeding 300 words
- High resolution photos and a brief description/artist statement (up to 300 words) of personal artworks or design portfolio created within 1-2 years prior to the application.
College/university admission letters can be submitted as a supporting supplement of the application. Download the application form and apply now!
The Scholarship application opens on Monday, Jan 17th, 2022 and closes on Sunday, Apr 17th, 2022, 5:00PM PT. The winners will be announced in June 2022